Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh, What a Day!

My kids are "twins" again!

Tuesday night proved to be more challenging than I'd anticipated as I tried to get the little miss to bed. Savannah just had to show me the latest creations she had made for Butterfly Designs, the name of her design label. Then there was the reminder of "Mom, this is the last night I will go to bed as a five year-old. Tomorrow I'm 6!!!"


The school day proved to be the perfect level of excitement for a kindergartner's birthday... especially after the leprechaun's raced through the kids' classes while they were at Mandarin class. A few things surprised me today. First off, Savannah seemed to be more excited that her birthday is on St. Patrick's Day than it actually being her birthday. She'd told her friends that if your birthday is on St. Patrick's Day the leprechauns bring you a pot of gold. Sure enough after school she found her cup of gold coins in the yard, nestled among some green grasses and tulips.



The other thing was that I had no idea how much it meant to Baden that the kids are twins. He created a video message for Savannah that had me struggling to maintain a straight face when I wanted nothing more than to laugh. "I'm so happy that we're twins again! Yay!" The genuineness in his voice was so touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment